learning at the zoo
School Field Trips
As of March 2021, we are accepting group reservations with modifications.
Please be sure to read carefully through the updated confirmation packet.
Visiting Groups Reservations Policies
Depending on the day, there will be limitations on how many groups will be admitted into the Zoo. Group arrivals will be scheduled at 15-minute intervals. Mahalo for your patience as we transition into reopening for group reservations!
For the safety and health of all guests please follow the following Zoo rules:
- Every visitor over the age of 4 must wear a facial covering at all times during your Zoo visit
- Tier 2 requires 1:4 (adult:student) ratio, Tier 3 requires 1:9 (adult:student) ratio
- Student safety is important to us at the Honolulu Zoo, we require a minimum ratio of 1:9 adult per students ratio regardless of age group
- All students must be directly supervised by adult chaperones regardless of children’s ages
- Observe all posted signs and remain on paths
- Shoes must be worn at all times while on Zoo grounds
- Keiki Zoo visitations are unavailable for group reservations (date reservations are available: TBD)
- Please make field trip reservations at least two weeks prior to your visit date
- Your required number of chaperones will be calculated by dividing the number of students by nine (9)
- Teachers are not admitted free
- If students require to be accompanied by an IEP-mandated Assistant, the adults will need to be included in your group reservation count
- Please make payment the day of your field trip (we accept cash, visa/master, check [please make payable to “The Honolulu Zoo”])
- Animal encounters are unavailable
- On-site Education Programs are currently unavailable (availability TBD)
After completing your reservation the Education Department will send you a confirmation packet. Please read through carefully.
Packets are to be filled out by the group leader and can be used as an invoice. A completed packet is required for Zoo entry on the day of your visit.
Reserved School Group Rates (Field Trips)
please have the final headcount ready for the cashier at the time of payment
effective December 1, 2018, the admission fees for school group field trips are as follows:
School Groups (Public and Private Schools: Hawaii State Department of Education (DOE), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), Head Start, Homeschools, Preschools)
- Child (Pre-K to 6th Grade) $2.00 each
- Child (7th Grade to 12th Grade) $4.00 each
- Adult (including teachers and chaperones) $8.00 each
Non-School Group Rates (Scout Troops, After-school Groups, Summer Camps, Church Groups, Non-profit Groups)
- Child (up to 12 years) $4.00 each
- Child (13 + years) $8.00 each
- Adult (including chaperones) $8.00 each
Out-of-State Groups (General Admission Rates)
- Child (up to 12 years) $11.00 each
- Child (13 + years) $19.00 each
- Adult (including chaperones) $19.00 each
Honolulu City and County Parks and Recreation Summer Fun
call for rates: 808.971.7195
- fees are payable by cash, check, or charge (Visa and MasterCard only). purchase orders and personal checks are not accepted
- please make all entrance fees payable to “The City and County of Honolulu”
- no refunds will be given for checks written over the amount owed at time of entrance
Summer Fun Groups
For the safety and health of our guests, staff, and animals, one (1) Summer Fun group will be accommodated per day.
Please adhere to our 1:9 (adult:student) ratio during your visit.
The Keiki Zoo will be closed for large visiting groups. Mahalo for your patience and understanding.
School Field Trips Reservation Form
Questions or cancellation?
please contact us
Honolulu Zoological Society – Education Department
151 Kapahulu Avenue