mahalo for your support!
Zoo Wish Lists
Thank you for your support of the animals here at the Honolulu Zoo! Through the donation of everyday items we are able to provide behavioral enrichment for the animals who call our zoo home, helping to keep them happy and healthy.
Food and Pantry Items:
*All food items must be unopened/sealed
- Spices – Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender, Basil, Oregano, Cinnamon, etc.
- Dry Cereal (unsweetened)*
- Dried Fruit
- Seeds – Sunflowers, Peanuts, Coconuts, etc. (unsalted or low sodium)
- Un-popped popcorn-plain and for an air popper
- Peanut butter *
*We ask that food items are unopened and when possible GMO and Palm Oil free.
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Re-usable Metal Trays
- Clothes – Cleaned Please
- Pre-school Toys – Free of mechanical parts or plastic beads
- Linens – Cleaned Please and no Pillows
- Large Cardboard Boxes
- Beer Kegs – Empty
- Painting Supplies – Finger Paints, Brushes and Canvas
- 55 Gallon Food Grade Barrels
- Burlap Sacks – Food Grade
- Small Boat Floats
- Woven Baskets
- Gift Cards to Home Improvement Stores
- Gift Cards to Amazon/Petco
- Gift Cards to Grocery Stores
Animals bring out the best in people. Louise, Squirt, Rusti, Mari and Vaigai – I always feel like my best self when I’m sharing their stories with our guests!
When I joined the staff of volunteers at the Honolulu zoo in 2011, I could not imagine that ten years later I would still be a part of this unique and wonderful ohana. The animals I love brought me here, but it’s the people that make me want to stay year after year. The volunteers come from all walks of life and bring their culture, their stories, and their experiences for all to share. We are similar in that we all love dearly our family of animals, whom we want our visitors to be more appreciative of and more knowledgeable about, but we are all so different that we really feel enriched by working together, side by side, in camaraderie and fellowship. Do join us! The fun never ends, and our menagerie is truly adorable!