The Honolulu Zoo is excited to welcome visitors back starting on Tuesday, November 17, 2020. The Zoo will be 7-days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Zoo grounds will close at 4:00 p.m.)
The health and safety of our animals, guests, and staff is our top priority. You’ll notice a number of changes on your next visit.
- Face coverings are no longer mandated outside when visiting the zoo. Masks are still required while indoors. Please abide by the social distancing guidelines. Masks are recommended while viewing key zoonotic risk species such as primates and big cats. Mahalo for your cooperation!
- All staff are required to wear face coverings indoors and when unable to socially distance from others
- Signage and directional arrows throughout the Zoo remind visitors to follow social distancing and other safety measures
- We ask that you limit your group size to 10 people or less and to “travel with your troop” during your visit. Smaller groups will allow guests to enjoy the Zoo while still following social distancing guidelines.
- The number of visitors allowed in enclosed exhibits will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing (i.e. penguins, hippopotamus, African wild dogs, etc.)
- Additional hand washing and sanitization stations have been placed throughout the Zoo
- The Zoo continues to follow the current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines by asking employees and guests to stay home if they are sick, encouraging hand washing, and routinely cleaning all high-touch surfaces and public areas.
- If you feel sick, we ask that you not visit the Zoo. If you begin feeling sick while at the Zoo, please reach out to our staff so that someone may assist you.
- Reservations are not required for Zoo admission. Your group is welcome to arrive between 10:00am – 3:00pm.
In keeping with State and County guidelines, the following areas of the Honolulu Zoo are closed until further notice:
- Keiki Zoo
- Playground/play apparatus
- Manyara Bird Sanctuary (Walk-in aviary in Savanna)
- Hippo sculpture
- All water fountains