The Honolulu Zoo is excited to welcome visitors back starting on Thursday, September 24, 2020. The Zoo will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Zoo grounds will close at 3:30 p.m.)
The health and safety of our animals, guests, and staff is our top priority. You’ll notice a number of changes on your next visit.
- Visitors above the age of 5 are required to wear face coverings during their visit with exceptions for those with prohibitive health conditions. Visitors will not be required to wear face coverings while eating near any concession stand. Guests without face masks will not be allowed into the primate areas.
- All staff are required to wear face coverings
- Signage and directional arrows throughout the Zoo remind visitors to follow social distancing and other safety measures
- We ask that you limit your group size to 5 people or less and to “travel with your troop” during your visit. Smaller groups will allow guests to enjoy the Zoo while still following social distancing guidelines.
- The number of visitors allowed in enclosed exhibits will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing (i.e. penguins, hippopotamus, African wild dogs, etc.)
- Additional hand washing and sanitization stations have been placed throughout the Zoo
- The Zoo continues to follow the current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines by asking employees and guests to stay home if they are sick, encouraging hand washing, and routinely cleaning all high-touch surfaces and public areas.
- If you feel sick, we ask that you not visit the Zoo. If you begin feeling sick while at the Zoo, please reach out to our staff so that someone may assist you.
In keeping with State and County guidelines, the following areas of the Honolulu Zoo are closed until further notice:
- Keiki Zoo
- Playground/play apparatus
- Manyara Bird Sanctuary (Walk-in aviary in Savanna)
- Hippo sculpture
- All water fountains