The “Growing Wild” theme celebrates children, plants, and animals growing up together in this magical place we call the Honolulu Zoo. Saturday, November 21, 2015 at the Waialae Country Club.
It continues to pour so they asked for more...
The Zoo staff have been so happy with our all-volunteer-constructed rain shelters that they asked for 10 more units!
HELP OUR RINGED-TAILED LEMURS...
... and get a lemur of your own!
Find out more...
Sumatran Tiger Photo: Bryan Thompson
Animal Enrichment Wish List
Food and Pantry Items:
- Spices - Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender, Basil, Oregano, Cinnamon, etc.
- Dry Cereal (unsweetened)*
- Dried Fruit
- Seeds - Sunflowers, Peanuts, Coconuts, etc. (unsalted or low sodium)
- Un-popped popcorn-plain and for an air popper
- Peanut butter *
*We ask that food items be unopened & when possible GMO and Palm Oil free.
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Paper egg cartons
- Metal Chopsticks
- Pre-school Toys, Balls, Stuffed Animals (free of mechanical parts or plastic beads)
- Linens - Towels, Sheets, Pillows, Blankets
- Large Cardboard Boxes from TV’s, Refrigerators, etc.
- Beer Kegs (Empty ones!)
- 55 Gallon Food Grade Barrels
- Gift Cards to Home Improvement Stores
- Gift Cards to Amazon, Walmart, Safeway, Foodland and Longs
- Gift Cards to Petland, Petco
- Burlap sacks (food grade)
- Small boat floats (4-6")
- Woven baskets
- Shredded Paper in strips not confetti
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Cardboard Rolls
- 3oz Disposable Cups
- Surfboards for our Keiki Zoo Goats
Any monetary donations are also very much appreciated!
For more information please contact Shelby Carlos firstname.lastname@example.org.